Emergency Lighting / IQP Inspection
Custom Electrical’s, Auckland based, IQP registered electricians specialise in emergency lighting inspection, design and installation. Emergency lighting is closely regulated and must be tested and maintained every six months. Buildings requiring a Building Warrant of Fitness (BWOF) must have certification that their emergency lighting system has been inspected, maintained and reported on in accordance with NZ safety standards and the buildings compliance schedule. A 12A form must be completed annually by an IQP (Independent Qualified Person) registered electrician to gain compliance.
We currently complete Building Warrant of Fitness (BWOF) emergency lighting inspections for various facilities including schools, universities, shopping centres, office buildings, warehouses, restaurants and retail outlets.
We provide a hassle free service by operating a reliable, fail safe scheduler system utilising job management software to ensure you are always compliant without having to lift a finger. We contact you to remind you a scheduled visit will occur and check you are happy with the dates, do the inspection and make all reports available, simple as that.
Emergency Lighting Six Monthly Service
- We will inform you when the lighting is due to be tested
- We will then schedule a technician to test your system
- We will inform you of any necessary maintenance work and provide a cost. General maintenance commonly includes light, battery and fitting replacements.
- Once agreed we will complete the work and provide you with a report
- Annually, we will follow the same process. However, we will provide you with a completed 12A form which can be registered with the council.
We will put together a tailored inspection plan to suit your requirements. Call us today or email email@example.com to arrange a consultation and site visit.
Emergency lighting Design and Install
When making alterations to existing commercial buildings or establishing a new premise you will most likely be required to gain compliance with the council, this will include compliance of your emergency lighting system. Custom Electrical can assist you by providing a professional design and install service, and ensure your installation is complaint.
Emergency Lighting Design Service
- We will review your design plans or consult onsite to detail your building
- We will provide a cost to complete a PS1 design (required by council)
- PS1 design will be completed on agreement
- We will provide a cost to install emergency lighting system
- Installation will be completed on agreement
- We will then provide a PS3 and certificate of compliance (all paper work required for compliance)
Call us to arrange a consultation or email your projects for tender to firstname.lastname@example.org and our estimators will have costings back to you by your required date.
Qualified, Certified & Trusted
Emergency Lighting / IQP Contracts
A sample of emergency lighting inspection clients and projects